A tail-up-and-wagging-sniffing-the-good-things-on-the-ground kind of walk.
A responding-to-her-name-eating-treats-not-panicking-by-cars-driving-by kind of walk.
A trying-to-greet-everyone-we-walked-past-walking-on-a-loose-leash-while-going-home kind of walk.
I wasn't going to take her. I was planning to start DS/CC to environmental stimuli next week, after 2 weeks free from car rides and 8 weeks of meds. And guys, Ida does not door dash. She has never shown any interest in leaving the house through the front door except to greet incoming visitors. But when we leashed up Snowball for his walk, and opened the front door .... Ida ran out of the house, down the stairs, and turned around to looked at us as if to say "where we going?"
What's one of the most important things in dog training? Listen to your dog. So I listened. I put a long-line on her to give her more freedom, and we went for a walk.
For most dogs, this would not be much of an accomplishment. But for us? This is huge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep on keepin' on
Two years after completely giving up on all away-from-home activities, Ida started going to rally class. The first set of classes we took w...
-
Two years after completely giving up on all away-from-home activities, Ida started going to rally class. The first set of classes we took w...
-
There seems to be a disconnect between human and veterinary medicine, at least in public discourse. For sure, human and veterinary medicine...
-
I posted this trick on my Facebook page, and a friend of mine then asked on Facebook how I taught it, and after I had written out a 500 wo...
No comments:
Post a Comment